Second Rehearsal, Second Act
Met on Monday 29 October and began working on Act 2 of our upcoming production, Marlo Kern's Transmission Trilogy.
Hard to say whether we spent more time laughing (Shiver me timbers! Argh!) or yawning. The second scene we blocked out takes place late at night, and I'm supposed to yawn a lot during it. I was tired during rehearsals, my yawns were real, and before I knew it everybody was yawning - me, Mattie, Egs, and our director, Thomas - which then led to more laughter...
Have a camera to play with now. Such a tiny thing! Hope to capture some of the fun behind the scenes for this blog.
Really hoping we get a few behind the scenes helpers for this. I've lots of ideas, but sadly I can't replicate myself and do it all. So, if you're out there and interested, be sure to keep watching this site and our FB page for open rehearsal announcements. You'll be able to come, see our work, talk to our creative team, and find out how you can get involved!
Horror is fun!
REST had our first rehearsal on Wednesday 24 October at Kralingse Zoom. On the chop block: Act 1: Blue Whale.
Went through motivational analyses for the characters, talked a bit about the production, then got down to work. It's true what they say - at least for me - horror actors have the most fun! Anyone listening in on us might have thought we were doing comedy, but that's the nature of the beast. It's easy to laugh when you're doing horror.
Laughter and fun aside, we got down to real work. Blocked out scenes 1 and 5, ran through them several times. I got a few chills up and down my spine, watching Lara and Maria in scene 5. They were really good!
Scheduled to run through Act 2 on Monday 29 October and Act 3 on (Oooooo!) Halloween night, 31 October. Really looking forward to it after Act 1. Hope to have a working camera by then, too, so I can add some pics here.
This weekend I'm headed to the annual Rotterdam Zombie Walk and after parties. Will be showing off my make-up skills as a freshly bit victim. See you there!
Third wound trial, first on my shoulder.
Using a cotton circle as the base; something made for make-up removal. Strip it down to lowest layer, pre-dye in tea to bring it into my skin tone. Glue down using kid's glue. Then it's just applying street make-up, nothing special.
Happier with this trial. I dyed the cotton round in tea first to bring it into my skin tone. Upped the red, and added yellow. This could work under ripped clothes. Still think it might be too wet to keep under wraps, tho, so I'm wearing this gruesome look today as a test.
I am not thrilled with this look. Don't have the correct red yet, and the white of the material I used really comes out pale with my normal foundation shade. Need to buy a darker foundation to use as the base. Still, if you think of it as half-covered by clothes and only seen for a short time, it's not bad. Time to create: 40 minutes. Downside: It may be too wet to use in the production. Need to do it again, and test by wearing it for the day. Upside: Cheap to create and easy to clean up.